Last week’s “Fill in the Blank Friday” post was a bit of a downer, which is why I skipped over it. Today though? Donuts and a burst of yellow in the photo? And questions about fun happy things? I’ll take it! Again this is from the great The Little Things We Do blog over on Blogspot.
1. Something that is very near and dear to my heart is: my family. Sure this might be a lot of people’s answers, but all our families are different so no two answers would be the same. Mine is made up of some of my favorite people on the planet, who happen to be kind, awesome, great advice givers, supportive and some of my best friends…
2. Today: is finally Friday woohoo! I don’t even know what the post work day has in store, but it means that I’ve have hours ahead of me to spend however I want. TGIF for sure.
3. The most fun I ever had was: oh boy, I’ve only been around twenty-four years and still this is a really difficult question. How do they expect you to narrow that down? Mmm our family roadtrip to Georgia, Alabama, and North Carolina a few summers ago was really fun. Particular nights that stand out in my memory of college are: an ABC date function (in Transformers pillow case dresses), Jacki’s 21st Birthday 80s Waltz night, (which included a fountain adventure…)A trip to Seaworld the summer after senior year was cool. Basically every single day of study abroad experience. (Or any vacation for that matter.)In high school, some of our “hurricane days” junior year, were some of my favorite. Movie nights, baking, mini-trips to Ocala. The weekend of the Next Big Thing concert and smores and middle of the night neighborhood walks.The last day of senior year – photo class, going out on the boat etc.Mmm basically any of my favorite concerts with best friends – Jack’s Mannequin (and meeting Andrew McMahon!), Death Cab for Cutie, John Mayer, Better than Ezra, Something Corporate, Dashboard Confessional etc. The Passion conference I went to in 2010 was definitely another most fun/intense experience so far.Luckily there are a lot of fun days in mind that I can’t narrow down and I think that’s a great thing.
4. True friends are the ones you can share comfortable silence one. The ones who get you when others don’t. They don’t always have the words to say but they’ll sit with you and listen. The ones who put a smile on your face, or can get a laugh out of you even when there are tears streaming down your cheeks. The ones who you can pick up with right where you left off, as if no time had passed between hang out sessions.
5. Something that makes me terribly happy is adventures and traveling. When I have time at my hands to do whatever I want – creating and exploring.
6. A good way to spend a sunny day is on the beach with your favorite people, soaking up sun. Maybe some cold beer or a sweet treat. Reading a book, swimming, bike rides.
7. My favorite celebratory food is mmm fancy cupcakes? An icecream sundae? Froyo creations? I love sweets!